|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|
On July 14th, 2008, Grant Kirkhope stated in his MySpace blog that he was resigning from Rare. He joined THQ studio Big Huge Games as audio director.
On August 18th, 2008, Grant Kirkhope was interviewed by Rare-Extreme covering his time at Rare and his future with Big Huge Games. On March 18, 2009, he lost his job as Big Huge Games was closed down by THQ, after THQ announced losing $191 million last quarter.
Grant was nominated for a BAFTA award for the music he composed for the game Viva Piñata.
Nominated as one of the five finalists for “Outstanding Achievement in Original Music Composition” for Grabbed by the Ghoulies at the 2004 Academy of Interactive Arts and Sciences Awards ceremony.
Nominated for “Best Interactive Score” for Grabbed by the Ghoulies at the 2nd annual Game Audio Network Guild Awards Ceremony 2004.
- Donkey Kong Land 2 (1996)
- GoldenEye 007 (with Graeme Norgate) (1997)
- Banjo-Kazooie (1998)
- Donkey Kong 64 (1999)
- Banjo-Tooie (2000)
- Perfect Dark (with David Clynick) (2000)
- Grabbed by the Ghoulies (2003)
- Viva Piñata (2006)
- Viva Piñata: Trouble in Paradise (2008)
- Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts (with Robin Beanland and David Clynick) (2008)